Central Massachusetts Special Education Collaborative (CMSEC)
- This special education collaborative is a unique education facility that was designed to provide educational, clinical, and therapy services to children in grades K-12.
- NorthPoint worked to design this school and it’s very unique program.Each wing of the school is catered to a specific age group and their specific needs, including a large dining room, full kitchen, gymnasium and playground, and a mock-apartment to facilitate occupational therapy and lifestyle training for the older age groups, helping to establish critical skills, aside from typical curriculum.
- Safety considerations were designed into each with soft surfaces, corner guarding, etc. CMSEC required critical redevelopment of the mechanical systems within the building, including new rooftop units.
- NorthPoint and our Project Manager designed the new Rooftop Unit layout and coordinated hoisting and final placement of these units via helicopter.
- NorthPoint was able to turn over this multi-phase project 5 months ahead of schedule.